Training for Hindu Spiritual Care (Chaplaincy)
Please note updated information.
Chinmaya International Foundation, Kerala, is offering two online courses to help prepare you to:
- Serve in hospitals, colleges, temples, military, etc.
- Provide spiritual care for people facing distress and loss
- Volunteer in Interfaith and other community settings
- Serve in India and/or abroad
REGISTRATION OPENS by November 17, 2021
Introduction to Spiritual Care will be taught on Wednesdays from 4-7:00 pm EST, from January 26 through June 15, 2022. The course will be taught live online by Dr. Madhu V. Sharma and Shama Mehta. BCC. Classes can be viewed later per the students’ convenience.
The Hindu Spiritual Care course will be taught on Saturdays from 12:30-3:30 pm EST, from January 29 through June 18, 2022. This course will be taught live online by Dr. P. Ramakrishnan. Or viewed later per the students’ convenience.
These courses are offered on either a graded basis, or pass/fail, or audit. CIF is working out equivalency with APC, so that the graded courses will count towards Board Certification by APC (Association of Professional Chaplains, in US).
- Tuition for both courses is US $700. We encourage students to take both courses.
- Tuition for the first course only, Introduction to Spiritual Care, is US $400.
All details and registration are available at https://chinfo.org/hinduspiritualcare